Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Goddess Fish Book Tour: Star Crossed, Kele Moon



Heavyweight UFC fighter, Romeo Wellings comes from the hard streets of New York where his family ties to the mafia cause him nothing but pain. His life takes a surprising detour when he crosses paths with the twin sister of his long time enemy. After a steamy one-night stand, he faces the fight of his life, but it’s not in the cage. The secret relationship that blooms between Romeo and his real life Juliet has him battling his family and a dark past rather than let her go.

The only lawyer in her hometown of Garnet, Jules Conner is also a volunteer Sheriff’s deputy and co-owner of a successful MMA training center. Strong and dependable, Jules is always there for those who need her. Until one forbidden night in Las Vegas with Romeo leaves her feeling so alive she can’t stop reaching out to the sexy, bad boy of MMA, even knowing the forbidden love affair could jeopardize everything.

As the tide rises against them and the people they love work at keeping them apart, Romeo and Jules hold onto a dream for a better life together and vow to go down fighting rather than accept a tragic ending.

Kele will be awarding a $25 Amazon GC to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour.

Follow the tour and make a comment. The more you comment, the better your chances are of winning. Follow Kele's tour here:  

 

A freckle-faced redhead born and raised in Hawaii, Kele Moon has always been a bit of a sore thumb and has come to enjoy the novelty of it. She thrives on pushing the envelope and finding ways to make the impossible work in her story telling. With a mad passion for romance, she adores the art of falling in love. The only rules she believes in is that, in love, there are no rules and true love knows no bounds.
So obsessed is she with the beauty of romance and the novelty of creating it, she’s lost in her own wonder world most of the time. Thankfully she married her own dark, handsome, brooding hero who has infinite patience for her airy ways and attempts to keep her grounded. When she leaves her keys in the refrigerator or her cell phone in the oven, he’s usually there to save her from herself. The two of them now reside in Florida with their three beautiful children, who make their lives both fun and challenging in equal parts—they wouldn’t have it any other way.


SLAVE's Review:



Wow, what more can I say bout STAR CROSSED by Kele Moon, that hasn't been said before in a previous book, tales or conversation...but I'm getting ahead of myself. For me, a long time fighter in myself, the book was somewhat realistic, but so filled with clichés that it pulled me out of the story. The names, the reasons how he decided on his path, how perfectly compatible his girl was… It all was a bit fairy-tailish to me.
The hero ROMEO is an MMA fighter who got into the sport due to watching the Karate Kid as a child. He’s supposed to be this fierce fighter, but he throws as many fights as he wins because of his 'Maifioso Family' tells him too.
JULIET, our heroine, was an U.S Olympic Judo fighter when she was younger but gave it up loftier ideals. Then we've got Romeo’s loyal half brothers, Casanova and Valentino.
It seemed to me that the author worked so hard trying to convince me that these guys were this standard hot, gorgeous, Italian Mafioso type men, but in the end it was just felt very stereotypically to me and I really had no clue if they're from Jersey, Brooklyn or just an unknown place. For someone who didn’t grow up in New York personally knowing people that she spoke of this may have worked, but I did grow up there I’m very protective of my people and my home.
This wasn’t a bad story, but, like I said, there were too many cheesy names and stereotypical descriptions pulling me from the meat and potatoes of the read. They were like small holes on an otherwise smooth surface. Yes, they were small, but I had to force myself back to the story every time I got pulled out.
2 pens


7 comments:

  1. I know that I am going to fall in love with these characters & this series.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting me today :D

    Kele

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like an amazing series!

    vitajex(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The characters really come to life in your story. If I close my eyes, I can see them, just from your words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's cool that Jules compliments Romeo's character. Thanks for the giveaway.

    mythic021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. the book looks really interesting. something that i will buy once i get a job!

    parisfan_ca@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete