Monday, February 4, 2013

Goddess Fish Book Tours Presents: Acidental Sex Goddess, by Lexi Ryan


Promotions director Reese Regan isn’t a sex goddess and doesn’t want to be. But the job of her dreams requires enrollment in the renowned Sex Goddess 101. To avoid a trip to the unemployment line, Reese must pass the program and become Chicago’s next seductress—or at least fake it convincingly. Her best friend, the ruggedly sexy contractor Ben Hawk, helps her “fake” her way through the program, and the heat between them flares. When trust is broken and secrets are revealed, it appears they’ve traded years-long friendship for temporary passion. Will faking something so important cost them their chance at something real?

Excerpt:

Ben stifled a grin. “Please tell me she’s making you burn your bras.” He signaled to the door with his thumb. “I think I have some lighter fluid at the house.”

“What? Of course she’s not.” She scowled. “Cripes. I hope not.”

Ben’s eyes dropped south for a second. “You know, bras are a sign of repression.”

She rolled her eyes. “Stop being a dork, and read the letter.”

Ben frowned. “You’re taking this program more seriously than I thought you would.”

Reese snorted. “No, I’ve just gotten really good at faking it.”

“The new outfit doesn’t look fake. Or the makeup.” He crossed his arms, realizing what had been bothering him since she walked in the door. “I thought you hated contacts. Where are your glasses?”

She waved a hand dismissively. “Just read it.”

Say goodbye to your panties. For the next week, you’ll be going commando, forcing your mind to acknowledge the parts of your body too often left as an afterthought.

He grunted. “No wonder my guys want their wives to sign up.”

“Spoken like a true male. Foregoing underwear isn’t sexy, it’s…it’s…unsanitary.”
He shook his head. “It’s sexy.”
“What if I’m doing yard work?”
“Sexy.”
She crossed her arms. “Or I’m working out?”
“Still sexy.”
Reese leaned forward. “Or want to wear a skirt?”
Ben narrowed his eyes. “Now you’re just tormenting me.” 


Lexi is awarding a "pamper your inner sex goddess" gift basket (bath products, books from her backlist and candles - US ONLY) to one randomly drawn commenter, and a $25 Amazon or B&N gift card, winner's choice, to another randomly drawn commenter during the tour.  Follow the tour here. The more you comment the better your chances are to win!


Author of both contemporary and paranormal romance, Lexi Ryan writes smart, spunky stories that sizzle. She enjoys reading, sunshine, a good glass of wine, and rare trips to the beach with her husband and children.

Lexi lives in Indiana where she divides her time between her family, her writing, and her job as an English professor. 

You can find her at her website.

Contact Links: Blog: Facebook: Twitter: @writerlexiryan  Email: Newsletter 

Buy Links: Amazon  Barnes & Noble Kobo   AllRomanceeBooks  Smashwords

**Coming soon to iTunes, Sony, and Diesel

SLAVE's Review:


What started out as a slow and tedious story actually tuned out to be a great read. Accidental Goddess, by Lexi Ryan turned out to be a relaxing tale about (pretty much) a woman coming of age or actually coming to grips with her feminine wiles and taking control of her life in  all aspects. The character build up and story flow stayed perfectly in sync and keeps the reader entertained.
This story comes across as a safe read with a certain reality and passion that works great for the romance, unregistered love for self and those closest to you.
4 pens

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting today's tour stop!

    Hello to everyone stopping by today! I know, I know, it's Monday, but let's make this week awesome. I used to bribe myself with Starbucks to get my butt to work on Mondays, but I'm trying to stop that habit. Instead of sugary coffee, this morning, I have a new audio book loaded on my phone to listen to on my 45 minute commute. I'm listening to Lisa Gardner this time, a favorite of mine.

    Do you do anything special to motivate yourself out the door?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the review.
    When i get bored, i go find some place to volunteer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MomJane--that's wonderful! It's so important to give back. :)

      Delete
  3. Uhm, I do the same as you audiobooks :)

    anzuazura at yahoo dot de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great, aren't they, Lana? Thanks for coming by today!

      Delete
  4. Excellent review and excerpt, thank you.

    Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the excerpt! I try to start the day with something nice, a good book, favorite song, audiobooks work to.


    moonsurfer123(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anas, so glad you enjoyed the excerpt. And I agree--best to start the day with something we look forward to or something that inspires. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Well a smothy helps or cupcakes :)

    emiliana25(at)web(dot)de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cupcakes! I knew I was missing something. :)

      Thanks for coming by, Emiliana!

      Delete
  7. A very helpful review thank you.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cant wait to read the book.
    lauratroxelatyahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a great book! I might need to sign up for that class myself. Can't wait to read it! It's going on my towering TBR pile.

    thompsonem3 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete