Friday, August 17, 2012

Healing the Beast Within, by Jaxx Steele


                                          

Cursed for a crime he did not commit, Keith Turner had given up on love. Even after making that decision, he still spent every night being tortured. His brother Kevin was confident that they could find a way to break the curse, but it wasn’t until Keith met Marcello that he ever took Kevin’s ideas to heart.

Available Now at Phaze Books

SLAVE’s Review

I truly like reading erotic novellas that hold your attention from beginning to end. HEALING THE BEAST WITHIN by Jaxx Steele did just that on all its pages.
This was my first urban fantasy by Jaxx. With a smooth and easy flow, Jaxx gives you a little history in the beginning so you can say, “oh, okay”, then he plunged into a great tale of finding the greatest gift of all: true love.
I loved how Jaxx takes you through Keith’s first transformation, when he first gets his wings. I could feel his discomfort, his pain and the new sensations he felt too. I found Keith to be relatable. Though it appeared he had everything anyone could want, he sat on the sidelines of life longing for the one thing that eluded him: companionship.
The story as a whole was (for me) very rewarding. It only had 1 flaw. The physical aspects of the Beast were healed, too (I thought that his physical attributes were the coolest. read the story and you may understand). With that said, I give a deserving 4 ½ pens to this great story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment